Is Your Fixed Gas Detection Working? Are You Sure?
Tundra proudly introduces the 5000 series by MSA and General Monitors; the only fixed gas detection system with up to 5 years expected life, and 3 years warranty!
S5000 Gas Monitor
- Simple retrofits have identical footprints and wiring to S4000 Gas Monitor Series.
- Bluetooth wireless technology allows mobile device to act as HMI screen and controller. Download the X/S Connect App from the Google Play store.
- Dual Sensor capability increases detection coverage without increasing CAPEX expense. Remote mount gas sensors up to 100 m away.
- Wide operating temperature for extreme environments (-55ºC to +75ºC).
- Instrument status indicators illuminate power, fault and alarm conditions.
- Intuitive user experience with industry-first touch-button interface or familiar magnetic interface.
- View the full datasheet here
- Simple retrofits – Identical footprint and wiring to the ULTIMA X Series
- 2″ Integral pipe mount bracket
- 3/4″ NPT or M20 threads
- Dual sensor and analog outputs
- Touch interface for tool free operation
- Combustible, Toxic or Oxygen Digital Sensors
- Multilingual text menu options
- Dual sensing capability for any combination of sensors
- View the full datasheet here
Established in 1914, MSA Safety Inc. has been a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products to protect people and facility infrastructure. MSA acquired the General Monitors brand in 2010 to complement existing flame and gas detection products, and most recently acquired Senscient, a leader in laser-based gas detection technology. MSA product commonly found in Western Canada includes:
General Monitors has been dedicated to providing comprehensive industrial gas and flame detection safety solutions since 1961. General Monitors complements the MSA portfolio, and product commonly found in Western Canada includes:
- S4000CH, combustible gas detection
- IR4000S, single point IR gas monitor
- IR400, single point IR gas detection
- IR5500, open path IR gas detection
- S4000TH, H2S gas detection
- TS4000H, intelligent toxic gas detection
- FL3100H, UV/IR flame detection
- FL4000H, mulit-spectral IR flame detection
- Gassonic Observer, ultrasonic gas leak detection
Senscient is a world leader in laser-based, open path gas detection. Acquired by MSA in September 2016, Senscient is the newest addition to the MSA team and combines toxic and flammable gas detection in one Enhanced Laser Diode Spectroscopy (ELDS) sensor. “This technology is significantly changing the way facility operators protect their personnel and assets from leaks of hazardous gases,” said Gustavo Lopez, MSA’s Global Product Business Director for Detection. “High false alarm rates, slow detection and poor reliability are problems that frequently plague worksite operations when dealing with gas leak detection.”
Senscient ELDS technology improves safety performance, eliminates false alarms, increases uptime availability, and reduces operational costs.
Effective January 3, 2017, Tundra will supply, service and support MSA Safety Inc. fixed gas and flame detection solutions for Western Canada (B.C., AB, Sask, and MB). Both the MSA and General Monitors brands have now been consolidated under Tundra to provide Western Canadians with a single source solution provider for industrial, light industrial, commercial and municipal applications. Tundra will also supply, service and support the latest MSA brand, Senscient, a world leader in laser-based gas detection technology.